The scope and impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is unprecedented and will be felt by all of us in the coming weeks and months. I want to reach out personally on behalf of Fx Bricks to reassure all of our customers and friends that Fx Bricks will continue to fulfill orders and keep developing exciting new products.
1. PFx Brick Pre-orders
- - All electronics assembly is completed for more than 1000 units
- - 100x units are currently in the final assembly and test pipeline
- - New product packaging has been ordered and received
- - The tooling of the brick enclosure mold was completed before the Chinese Lunar New Year, however the Covid-19 situation prevented our manufacturer from starting production
- - Last week, our manufacturer completed a pre-production batch of the brick enclosures (shown below) prior to authorizing the final production quantity of 3000 units
- - Once we approve the pre-production parts, full production of 3000 units should only take 2-3 weeks to complete and again, we will keep everyone informed of our progress
2. Accessory orders
3. Fx Track System
- - S8 straight track
- - S32 straight track
- - R72 curved track
- - R88 curved track
Our friend Alexander Ehle from Germany has recently released a German language book that LEGO fans have needed for a long time: LEGO®-Modelle beleuchten. It explores the vast topic of lighting LEGO models of all shapes, sizes and themes. We feel privileged to have been able to contribute to this outstanding resource for all LEGO fans.
LEGO®-Modelle beleuchten is a comprehensive reference for anyone with an interest in applying the best possible lighting effects to virtually any model (not just LEGO). The book also introduces readers to the basics of electrical circuits and electronics, helping them discover the unlimited possibilities of DIY lighting solutions. There is fantastic practical advice on choosing tools and lighting products, as well as tips on modifying parts for new and clever ways of putting lights into difficult locations in a model.
Examples of LEGO models showcase the range of impressive lighting possibilities throughout the book. It illustrates not just the clever and imaginative techniques for using different products and installation methods, but also the ways of using animated lighting effects to bring life and excitement to your creations.
At Fx Bricks, we are very familiar with the unlimited possibilities for cool lighting effects! We are humbled and excited that an entire chapter of the book dedicated to the PFx Brick. It is the owner's manual that we wish we had written ourselves (and that's just on the topic of lighting!). Alexander has explored and documented each and every possible lighting effect on the PFx Brick and offers tips for configuring and tuning these effects for optimum results.
Currently, LEGO®-Modelle beleuchten is only available in the German language. However, we are told that an English language version is in the pipeline and will likely be released. We will keep you updated on its release. Until then, check out Alexander's website brickelectronic.de. He has all kinds of resources to help builders with lighting as well as a web shop selling cool accessories to help you with your projects.
Pre-order the new injection molded PFx Brick; the new standard across all PFx Bricks replacing the 3D printed enclosures used for our production debut.
Here are some of the new improvements we've made to the new PFx Brick:
- Technic Pin Holes - side mounted Technic pin holes allow more robust attachment options for integrating the PFx Brick into Technic models as well as conventional brick built models.
- Bottom Anti-Studs - the underside of the enclosure is both functionally and aesthetically more compatible with the Lego system stud / anti-stud connection and now permits some interconnection schemes at half-stud intervals.
- Durability - the lid now includes mechanical reinforcement features around the the speaker and IR connector ports to resist excessive bending or twisting forces on the connector. The Power Functions compatible input and output connectors include additional bracing and precision mechanical guidance for the gold-plated pins.
Once again, our good friends at Brick Model Railroader hosted the "OcTRAINber" train building contest. This is such a fun event with so many amazing entries, so we were pleased to sponsor prizes to support it again. This time, BMR challenged builders to showcase their Technic skills and build a model with interesting mechanical and functional features.
Here they are!
Our PFx Brick M Package winner is Denis Garnier for his impressive "rolling road" test bench. It is awesome to see someone actually create a rolling road test bench, something we've been meaning to try for a while. Denis' creation has many clever functional details that look like they can be easily adapted for many types of locomotives. The icing on the cake was Denis' superb model of the SNCF 140C steam locomotive used as a "test subject". Well done, Denis!
Congratulations again to all the OcTRAINber 2019 winners! We look forward to getting Chris and Denis their PFx Brick prizes packages delivered to see what they'll create next.
We are really excited to share some exciting news about our new inventory of PFx Bricks! We know you have been waiting patiently for them to arrive and we thank you for your understanding.
Initially, our goal was to have them available in December 2019. However, production was delayed because the plastic injection molded brick enclosures were causing mechanical performance issues with the clutch to other LEGO® elements as well as clearance issues with the underside Power Functions connector. We reviewed the issues with our manufacturer and are pleased to report that they are remaking the mold to fix them. The electronics manufacturing for 1000 PFx Bricks is complete and as soon as we sign off on the injection molded brick enclosure, we will re-open the web store for pre-orders in 2 weeks!
To stay in touch and be the first to know about the new and improved PFx Brick, please sign up for our Newsletter here.